This month's image
Member in focus
VEREIN FÜR TIER-UND NATURFOTOGRAFIE ÖSTERREICH
Six dedicated nature photographers founded the VTNÖ (Association for Animal and Nature Photography Austria) in 1988. Nowadays we count about 100 members throughout Austria. To communicate the beauty and uniqueness of nature to interested people is probably the most important objective of the VTNÖ. We further support projects and photo documentations of NGOs dealing with nature conservation.Read more...
OUR PRESIDENT CALLS FOR GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Dear IFWP Members,
As you probably all know now, the unanimous refusal to disband the IFWP has triggered reaction and motivated several of our Members’ members to volunteer to join the IFWP Council and be elected to form a new Board.
Be part of the birth of a new IFWP by making sure that your association casts its vote at the coming General Assembly Online
Friday, January, 24:00 hour to Sunday, January 8 at 24:00 (Paris time) .
This very special general assembly has only one line to its agenda:
ELECTIONS TO THE NEW IFWP COUNCIL AND BOARD
Four persons are ready to join the new Council and have applied to be elected as members of the Board in the following positions:
PRESIDENT: JOSÉ B. RUIZ (AEFONA, Spain)
VICE PRESIDENT: PAL HERMANSEN (Norske Naturfotografer /Norway)
SECRETARY: ANITA CAMPBELL (PhotoNatura/ Sweden)
TREASURER: SVEND ERIK WEST HANSEN (NaturFotografer i Danmark, Denmark)
Three persons are ready to join the new Council as members
KARI LOIMU (Suomen Luonnonvalokuvaajat, Finland)
MARIAN ZELINA (SAFP/ Slovakia)
FILIP VAN BOVEN (BVNF/Belgium)
The IFWP’s future is in your hands, just make sure that only one person votes for you club.
To cast your association’s vote, please send back the attached document with your answers to:
KARLO PESJAK (PhotoNatura/ Sweden) remains member of the IFWP council and will be re-elected or replaced at next live GA according to the Council roster sent with last GA online agenda...
TAMAS PALFALVI, (PhotoNatura /Hungary) has recently sent his resignation from the Council. He will be replaced by Kari Loimu until the end of Tamas term (until next live GA, according to the Council roster sent with last GA online agenda.)
In the meanwhile the General Assembly is called to vote the new board, we have started making some work.
- Facebook. There is new Facebook page for news of the IFWP. This fanpage is administrated by our secretary Anita Campbell (Sweden) and our website coordinator Almudena Marcos (Spain): IFWP Fanpage
- Website and Facebook. A small team of 3 people is working now on the website updating news and making an inform for improving contents and sections.
- Teaching. We have 2 persons starting translating and proofing PDF articles to be uploaded on a special section in our website and facebook. This is starting with basic teaching but also advanced following José B. Ruiz Method of learning translated from spanish with more than 5 million downloads. It will be available from mid January: Un año de fotografía
- New clubs are following our developments: ASCPF, AFNI, MONTPHOTO, AFONIB, ASAFONA, FONAMAD, RUWP - Allrussian All regional Union of wildlife photographers. VADON... Let´s wait until January to send them the info to become members.
- New document for members aceptation and fees. It will have a section in our website so that any club can check the fees and procedures. If any club needs it in advance it is now available.
- New guide for associations. Developed from AEFONA Spain this is in word, pdf and e-book format to download. The Spanish version is available at AEFONA website, but it is being proofed in English and soon available. It is plenty of advices for boards and members about how to manage an association, specially how to keep high hopes and work together for a common interest.
Please keep updated in our website and Facebook.